Saturday, August 05, 2006

Dell me Why?


Point 2 -- Game Performance To test the gaming ability of this system on the latest and greatest games I decided to use Doom 3. The Inspiron 6000 D with the 64 MB ATi X300 card didn't do too well here. I could only get an average of 30 FPS when using low graphics settings and the 800x600 resolution. It looked pretty bad. Otherwise the game was working fine with all of its effects, characters, and maps. Source Engine games should play better than that since it scales better to different kinds of hardware. Unfortunately I don't have a day to waste on going through 6 CD's and waiting for Steam to do its business. UT2004 should play well on this machine too. Although if you're looking to run Unreal Engine 3 next year you'll likely want to look elsewhere or put up with poor graphics. Solitaire ran so well I couldn't even get an FPS count! :-D

Dell Inspiron 6000 Review (pics, specs)

Hehehee..Guess what hopefully I am going to buy this Laptop. and i was going through its review. I found something real funny so wanted to let you know

No comments: